Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thankful Wonderfall


Do you love the Wonderfall stamp set as much as I do?  It just makes me happy every time I  pull it off the shelf!


I have to say, I would love it even more if there were framelits that coordinated, but it came out before Stampin' Up! started to carry them, so I guess we'll have to make due with the Autumn Accents Bigz Die. Since you can't stamp your image and then line it up to cut it out like you can with your framelits, we have to do things a little differently. For this set, run your cardstock through the big shot first to cut out your leaf shapes, then stamp them. If your image is a bit crooked it's okay, because once you sponge the edges, which makes them look more realistic and beautiful anyway, you can't tell!  I got the basic idea for this layout from a project I saw on Pinterest made by Dani Dziama. 

For those of you wondering if it's tricky to work with the Expressions Thinlits Dies, the answer is yes, unless you put a little piece of wax paper I between the die and the cardstock:


A feature of these framelits that can be really helpful is that it has some tiny holes on the back of the die.  If you poke a toothpick through those tiny holes, your cardstock pops right out. Then all you need to do is add a bit of Tombo liquid glue and you're set!  

What stamp set makes you happy every time you see it?

Go stamp something!
Diane


1 comment:

  1. This is a GREAT card! Beautiful stamping/sponging, and a perfect layout! Thanks for the tips on the dies too!

    ReplyDelete