Monday, August 5, 2013

You're Amazing!

Hi Stampers,

Yesterday we had a first birthday party to go to.  Of course the first thing I start thinking about is what kind of card I'm going to make!  I flipped though my stamp sets and settled on You're
Amazing.
You're Amazing Clear-Mount Stamp Set
I didn't think I would use this set very much when I got it, how often do I need a circus themed card or scrapbook page?  I've actually used it a lot--in a non-circus kind of way.  The You're Amazing and Happy Birthday sentiments have come in really handy when I want the words to take centre stage in my project, they're nice and bold and look great stamped in a vibrant colour.  The hot air balloon actually makes a nice soft background image when stamped in a subtle colour or used tone on tone.  The tickets have a coordinating punch, love that!  The image I haven't really used much is the elephant, until now...


He is so cute in his party hat!  Since I was making a first birthday card, I decided to go with bright colours: Pacific Point, Real Red and Pumpkin Pie.  I used four of the images from You're Amazing, and two images from That's the Ticket, and at the last minute I added the lines in the background from Gorgeous Grunge.  I just felt like the background needed something.  Since I didn't have a DSP to coordinate with my colour combination, I made my own using the hot air balloon image and the tiny ticket image and the three colours of ink on a 1 1/4" strip of Whisper White card stock.  I used one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies to cut out Happy Birthday and a couple of punches for the adorable party elephant.  Two mini brads and a few dimensionals later, here we are, a cute birthday card!
 
I think since he's one he won't care what his card looks like, but I love it, and I think his mom will too.  Happy Birthday Luke!!  Think about what events you have coming up and...
 
Go stamp something!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment