Monday, August 12, 2013

Banner Love

Hi Stampers!
 
Today I'm sharing some banners I made using Stampin' Up!'s Build a Banner Simply Created Kit.   
 
Build a Banner Simply Created Kit
It comes with 18 canvas pennants in three different styles, background stencils,  alphabet stencils, jute twine and a Stampin' Spritzer.  I have to admit, I was a little nervous getting started, I was afraid to 'ruin' it, but it was soooo easy! 
 
There are a few different ways to use the stencils with your pennants, you can add 25 drops of Ink Refill in your colour of choice to the Stampin' Spritzer, then fill with rubbing alcohol and spritz onto your canvas with one of the stencils in place.  You can also use a Sponge Dauber dipped in your Ink Refill of choice and then rub the ink into the canvas through the stencil, or if you're like me you can use a chunk of Stamping Sponge and ink your ink pads because you left your Ink Refills, Stampin' Spritzers and Sponge Daubers at your friend's house when you were stamping together (and she lives too far away to simply pick it up). 
 
All three ways worked, spritzing is the fastest, and the messiest, so cover your work space!  Sponge Daubers with Ink Refill got good coverage taking a little bit longer than spritzing, and Stamping Sponges inked with ink pads took the longest, and the resulting colours were a little less intense than when using Ink Refill.
 
Here's the banner I made with just what came in the kit, sponges and ink pads:
 
I'm planning to hang this up outside my classroom for back to school in September.  The pennants are pretty cute, but the banner as a whole could use some dressing up, so I'm going to order some 3/4" Chevron Ribbon in Marina Mist and Crushed Curry as well as some Designer Buttons and Frosted Finishes Embellishments for sparkle.
 
Marina Mist 3/4" Chevron RibbonRegals Designer ButtonsFrosted Finishes Embellishments
The next banner I have to show you uses the Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit:

Halloween Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit
No extras needed here!  As you can see, this kit comes with rosettes, ribbon, buttons, die cut accents, so many embellishments I didn't even use them all on my banner:
 
For this banner, Spritzers were used to make the background images and Sponge Daubers dipped directly in Basic Black ink were used for the letters.  LOVE this banner!!!  Can't wait to be able to hang this one up! 

Christmas Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit
Stampin' Up! also carries a Christmas Banner Simply Created Accessory Kit in a snowflake theme:
Gorgeous right!?!  I haven't made this one yet because I'm having trouble deciding what word I want for this banner.  Brrr, Noel, Joy?  I just don't know!  Stay tuned to see this one once I've finally made my choice!


New Classes!

I'm running some private classes from now until December.  The options for August and September are the banners!!  You can choose either of the styles I've shown today, but you don't have to use the same words I did.  For the Welcome style banner (with the extra embellishments I'm ordering!) you can choose any word that is 11 letters or less, like celebrate, or someone's name.  For the spooky style banner you can choose any word that is 9 letters or less, like Beware or Boooo. 

For more information you can click on the classes tab above.  Contact me today to book your class!

Go stamp something!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment