Monday, July 29, 2013

Shower Gift: Mini Scrapbook

Hi Stampers,

A friend of mine is getting married in the fall, and there was a bridal shower for her last weekend.  She is always snapping pictures, so I thought a mini scrapbook would be perfect for her.  I remembered a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Maggie Patterson of I Love Papercrafts, had posted a tutorial for a mini album for our new wood mount stamp cases not too long ago, so I followed her concept and measurements to create a gift for my friend. 


I decided to use a retired designer series paper because I felt the colours and design would suit both my friend and the occasion, I find this paper has a bit of a fairy tale feel to it which I think works well for a bridal feeling.  The sentiment on the front is from the stamp set Label Love, and yes, it has a coordinating punch.  Love that!



Inside I cut all the papers to Maggie's specifications to create the structure, but I decorated a bit more since I was giving this as a gift, and I didn't want it to look too empty without photos and journaling.  This sentiment is from the Yippee-Skippee! stamp set and cut out with the Labels Collection Framelits.  I applied Tombo Multi Mono Liquid Glue to the back of the DSP layer and let it dry.  This makes the glue tacky, like a sticky note, so that she can remove it if she has a picture she'd rather have showing when she opens the case.


There is a lot of room in this scrapbook, 13 panels you can add photos, journaling, or mementos to.  There is also a small envelope in the front you can slip something special into.


On the back I added another sentiment from the Yippee-Skippee! stamp set Shelli gave to all of us at convention.  You've got to love free stamps!

My friend was pleased when she opened this up at the shower and said, "I love handmade things!"  I knew she would, as she made paper corsages and hand stamped name tags for each of us which also listed how we knew her.  For her own shower!  I know she'll put it to good use and fill it with wonderful memories.  Love you Gen!

Do you have an event coming up?  Your friends and family will appreciate that little bit of extra love that goes into something made by hand too.

Go stamp something!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment